Anyone not want him? That is what someone said recently about our Gabe. I never thought I would be the type of adoptive mom who would find herself thinking these questions-I am the "whats done is done" thinker. But, after hearing this I find myself looking at this precious child and thinking those exact things. I am not going to pass judgment and I truly believe that he was wanted. I believe that his Chinese family wanted him, but there is a reason and only God know what it is, as to why they could not keep him. And most importantly - we wanted him! We will always want him. I never want him to feel un-wanted.
I am so sad for his birth mom who will never know how much he is loved. He is beautiful and so loving! When he hugs, he grabs on and puts his whole body into it :-) His hair is so soft, yet growing like crazy, so it is sticking up. He loves to giggle. Sometimes he looks at Jay like "who are you?" when Jay is acting silly. He can put is car down before his nap and it is the first thing he grabs when he gets back up. He lights up the room when he walks into it and says with gusto "HI!". Oh how I thank God every day for him and I pray for comfort for the woman who will never get the chance know him.
4 comments:
I love it! Very well put! I'm not usually one to get offended easily (I often laugh when I read of some of the things that adoptive parents get offended at) but that question makes me want to say, "are you an idiot?" As if were he not cute, then the parents had a real reason to give him up??? I think sometimes people just don't think before they speak.
I get this comment all of the time. It gets easier each and every time to answer, and you will find it is a great way to educate people of the Chinese culture. Whether they want to hear it or not! LOL . .
Oh UGH! One day I'm gonna write a post all about some of the things folks have said to me...
I totally understand and feel the same way about Levi's BM and BF. I wonder often about their circumstances and if they think about him now. I wish they too could see how wonderful of a boy he is and how much we love him and that he is doing ok and being taken care of. Thanks for the post...
Post a Comment