Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sunday Snapshot-1 year!

This Wednesday will mark Gabe's forever family anniversary! I cannot believe that one year ago we were in China! I will always remember the feelings of watching our friends the Bilby's become a family and waiting for Gabe to get to the civil affairs office. Seeing him walking up holding the Ayi's hands, took my breath away! And the relief I felt when we saw that he could see! God gave us a miracle that day!




We look back at the pictures of that day and see such a sad little boy, however he never seemed to outwardly grieve. I remember that they told us that on the way to the civil affairs office, he told the Ayi's that 'His momma and baba were coming to get him and that they (the Ayi's) could come to dinner with us if they wanted'!



I remember how he took little quiet Jada's tinkerbell cell phone and refused to give it back and then proceeded to tell us over and over and over that day how he wanted a phone like hers! So, we went to the mall that night and got him the first light up anything we could find!


Our trip was interesting to say the least. On adoption day Gabe got a fever and then all three of us proceeded to get what we now call the "China Flu"! (And yes, this was during the N1H1 scare). Tim and I don't think we have ever been so ill for a 24 hr period. But it is our 'labor' and soon forgotten as I would do it over again in a heartbeat!




The changes we see in him now go beyond his english skills, but he now can run and skip, all skills that he could not do one year ago. And oh how he has grown! He will start preschool tomorrow and his spunky spirit has never waivered! Thank you God for your abundant blessings!



September 2009, the year we became a family of 5 through adoption!

*I have Gabe's adoption video all done and will post it on Wednesday-so check back!

To play along visit NihaoYall.com!

4 comments:

Rita and John said...

Happy forever family day to Gabe and your family! I remember following your journey. It's hard to believe a year has already passed.

Unknown said...

It has been a year of incredible highs and lows. But, what great joy he has brought into our hearts and family! Thanks be to God!

Kristi said...

Happy one year anniversary! It takes your breath away to look back, doesn't it?

Andrea said...

happy anniversary! thanks for stopping by my blog.