Tonight on the way home, out of the blue, Gabe says, "Mom, I love you more than China mom."
What???
I told him that I love him very much and that his China mom loves him too. "I know" he says.
Few hours later and we are snuggling in the rocking chair and again, out of the blue, he says, "It would be better if I were in your tummy."
I asked him what he meant, and he says, "It would be better if I were in your tummy when I was a baby." He brought this up a couple of months ago, so it must be something that has been on his mind.
I told him how lucky he was because he was in a very special place, he was in my heart and has always been there. I reminded that him that our hearts are filled with so much love.
He then asked where China mom was. I explained that she was somewhere in China. And this next comment was not something I expected when Gabe asked, "Is China mom dead?"
Wow! I didn't expect that!! Yikes! With honesty to my son, I said that I really didn't know if she was dead, but that I didn't think so, that I believe she is somewhere in China. "I hope we can see her someday."
"We probably can't Gabie."
"Why not?"
"Because it is kind of a secret where China mom is and I don't know where she is."
"Where was I when I adopted you?" (yes, this quote was Gabe's-I found it to be incredibly cute)
"In a place where boys and girls live while they are waiting for their families to come get them in China."
Ok, now this comment cracked me up: "Why couldn't I have been in Africa?"
"Because God made you Chinese and you lived in China."
"But why not Africa?" (He was getting very sleepy now)
"Because your not African, your Chinese."
And with that I stroked his hair and rocked the chair a little harder while my sweet boy fell asleep in my arms. Big thoughts for such a little guy.
3 comments:
Awww. Sometimes ya' gotta' wonder where their little heads come up with that stuff!
So very sweet. It is interesting to hear how he's processing it. I love that he adopted you. :)
That is precious! They're always thinking, and all we can do is answer honestly. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment