So sorry, but I do not have a picture of the finished product...mommy brain! I will post one when we get it back from Mrs. M.
His timeline turned out so cute! However, I think I may have forgotten to put his DOB as the first thing...which some adoptive parents may choose to leave this out due to that in China, we are unsure if his DOB is his true DOB. We started with the very earliest photo we have-Gabe's referral photo. To us that is Gabe's baby photo. Gabe also chose his Gotcha Day photo, his adoption day photo and then a variety of special days from the past 2.5 years. First birthday at home, trip to Disney, Chinese New Year, First Camping Trip, first bike...all in all we had fun. Because I did not read him the paper telling us that we could do the usual milestones, he never asked why we do not know some of his answers. But, I was prepared...I think it is ok to say, "you know, we do not know when you first walked, or what your first word was...it sucks, and it is not fair, but it just is." Just to acknowledge it and talk about it. We will always keep those lines open for Gabe. Help him even when all we can do is listen.
1 comment:
Can't wait to see the pic! Sounds great!
Post a Comment