Thursday, December 10, 2009

So frustrating

I have pics to share of Thanksgiving, our tree getting, and Gabe's first snowstorm AND...I can't share them!! So, I got my cord, just to find out it is version 2 (old version) and my laptop (since it is so new) will only work with version 3! Plus the internet company (won't blast them yet) that I bought it from says that I have to submit an application and get approved before I can return it!! So, we still only have Tim's computer which at some point my picture transfer software was deleted from it! I am going to see if Tim can re-load it today, if we remember! And I am still waiting to hear from the .com company about my refund or correct cord!

We are on day #2 of snow days and we are really enjoying it. Tim is home on his days off these 2 days also, which is nice! Yesterday the kids played outside twice (Gabe absolutely loved it) and we made cinnamon applesauce tree ornaments. The kids are going to give them as gifts for Christmas to family and friends. Today we are going to make gingerbread men cookies and read a couple of versions of the gingerbread man.
Here is the recipe (We use a gingerbread man shape):

The ingredients 1 cup cinnamon
3/4 cup applesauce
1/4 cup white glue

How to do it
Mix all ingredients well until they form a dough. Flatten the dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Keep in mind that the dough will be quite dry, and can be tricky to work with. If it is too wet, add a little more cinnamon. **I like it a little more on the wet side**

Use cookie cutters to cut out festive holiday shapes. Use a drinking straw to punch a small hole in the top of each ornament if you plan to hang them. Keep them flat and move them to a warm, dry spot for 48 hours to allow them to dry. Turn each ornament over every few hours to dry on each side. Alternatively, put them in a warm (not hot!) oven for several hours.


Gabe is loving all the lights this Christmas. This is such a blessing to us as we really were not sure that he would be able to see before we went to China! God is so good! He sees the lights and yells-"momma! Christ-a-mis Lights!!" Tim also taught him to say, "Merry Christ-a-mis Momma!"
He is talking up a storm, most we can understand, some not so much. Yesterday at dinner I was getting him more broccoli (his favorite) and he held up his hand and said, "Thats enough!" It shocked us-and made us laugh at the same time!

Mr. Gabe's RAV's (thanks for the acronym Kristi) aka Random Acts of Violence have gotten a little worse and Jay is the brunt of it. Mostly in the car as he knows momma can't do much about it. He has been pushing his limits lately, but one time out is all it takes and he is back on track. Now, if we can just get rid of the whining! LOL That is a 3 yr old for you!

Well, I will try to get a post up with some pics soon! We are entering the very busy season with music programs, ballet recitals, all next week! Then on Christmas eve we leave for sunny (and hopefully warm) Florida!! We are so excited to go see Nai Nai and Great Grandma and Grandpa!

Take some time to remember Christ this season-The Light of the World!

1 comment:

Kristi said...

Nothing like a little technology to cause issues. I'm looking forward to finally seeing some pictures of your cuties again. And I bet that by the time you finally get the correct cord in the missing one will magically reappear. It happens to us all the time!