Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sometimes we forget

I sit here tonight, a little teary. Mostly due to my exhaustion as I had what I think was pneumonia. I went to the doc on Friday after waking up and realizing that it was that or the ER by the afternoon-my so called chest cold was way beyond bad. He said that he didn't like the sound of my lungs! So he put me on a 10 day antibiotic. Thank goodness I went as Friday night my fever was 101 all night and I was a mess. This meant that me, my mom, and the kids all missed my cousins wedding mid-state. I spent the entire weekend on the couch or in bed. The kids did remarkable well being motherless all weekend and Tim really helped out with the kids when he was not at work.
Anyway, back to the title of my post...today we had a pretty normal family discussion as sometimes Jay pulls things right out of no where, so this was pretty typical. During breakfast, Jay says, "Hey when are we going to eat at China Buffet again?" I interject as does Tim to tell him that we want to go the Asian Buffet the next time we get Chinese as it our favorite place to go... Gabe says, "My China?" So he was listening...no one else notices as I do his comment and the rest of the family keeps on with their conversation. Then Gabe says something that stops me in my tracks, "I no go to my china, I stay in mommy's house!"
I stop all conversation and reassure my sweet boy that yes, he will stay with his mommy and family forever. Sometimes I forget how much this sweet boys' world has changed in 7 short months. I will spend all my days praying that someday he will know without a doubt that this is where he will stay-and still enjoy going to his China Buffet!

3 comments:

Amy Murphy said...

Love it! and Ewen always refers to China as "my China" too! (Though, he often says that he wants to go back some day, not without us, though!) That's soooo cute!

Kristi said...

Girl, I'm feeling your pain on the pneumonia... Glad you got meds and are on the mend!
And so precious that Gabe voiced his desire to stay with you. I know that my kids, even Kylie who has been with us over three years now, still occasionally question their permanence. Just love on that darling boy!

Duchess of Lanier said...

Sorry you have been so sick ((( )))

Up late... too tired to sleep... and just today, LL, home a year said when looking at her nanny's picture, "Ayi pretend mommy. Mommy real mommy." So sweet; so heartbreaking; so real.

Shall look forward to reading more and catching up later. Looks like you all are doing great.