Saturday, October 23, 2010

Living Hope's Angels

On Wednesday, my bff Melissa and I took our girls to see an amazing group of kiddos from China. These children (ages 8-16) sang and danced and proclaimed their love for Jesus. One disclaimer that I wished I didn't have to make is that these kids are orphans. Living Hope International founded and runs two Orphan training centers, one being in Beijing. Their purpose is to provide training, skills, and a family like atmosphere for these children. Here is what their website says: "Living Hope International exists for one specific purpose: to operate Children's Homes and Training Centers that offer a safe and loving environment in which our children can develop to their full potential.
LHI is committed to train China's orphans to become the next generation of leaders."

A group of these beautiful children are touring, raising money for the training centers and finding people to sponsor the children.
It was very emotional for me to hear some of their stories and hear them talk of so much hope after the tragedy that some of them have lived through. I had a few people ask me if or why these kids are not available for adoption. These kids are not considered "true orphans" under international adoption standards (I am not sure about domestic-within China adoption). These kids have all lost one or both parents due to death or abandonment, but still have elderly grandparents or other family.

Although I did not take Gabe as it was an hour and a half drive and his bedtime was around the time the show started, we did take Melissa's 7 yr old daughter Julia. Ju enjoyed watching the dancers, but I am sure her mind was working. This may bring up some questions for her. But for now, we enjoyed watching kiddos perform from Gabe and Ju's China!





See Living Hope's Angels website HERE
You can sponsor one of their children. I plan too this weekend! Their are highly accredited.

No comments: