This year, we had a nice, quiet Christmas. Christmas eve with my family at my mom's and Christmas Day at our house with Tim's mom and step dad. We ate way too much and played with the kids new toys.
Today, I am perusing this site Crock Pot 365.

My sis got me a new slow cooker and I am excited to have 2 going at once! I have really enjoyed this year cooking at least one slow cooker meal a week. It is awesome, when you have a family as busy as we are, to come home at least one night a week and have something mostly done and ready to eat! It is fun trying out new recipes too! I plan to try rice, potatoes, and other sides to go along with my main meal.
I also have to brag about this little kitchen gadget:

It's my new Keurig coffee maker! At first I wasn't sure as I only drink 1 cup of flavored coffee a day (some days, I am just not in the coffee mood), so for its slightly pricey tag, I wasn't sure if it was worth it. Boy! I am loving this thing! And have only made two cups of coffee in it. LOL looking online at the possibilities, you can buy cups to make iced coffee (which I looovvvee in the summer), lattes, hot cocoa, and even hot cider (Tim's fav.).
So, today is filled with movies, toys, and for my poor hubby, work. We are very blessed to have had such a wonderfully blessed Christmas! We were missing loved ones, but knowing that celebrating Jesus' birthday in heaven must be beyond what we could even imagine!
**Oh and BTW, we had a very green Christmas! Today looked more like a spring day, rather than Dec. 26th!
***And my kids are not liking that our "Danielson Family Government" is now on a slash budget/budget freeze! LOL
1 comment:
It sounds like you had a great Christmas! I love that crock pot! I want one! LOL Enjoy the rest of your break.
Post a Comment