Sunday, December 18, 2011

My Christmas Blessings & Another Tradition {Sunday Snapshot}

From our family to yours-MERRY CHRISTMAS!!




When the kids (Jo and Jay) were pretty little, Tim's mom sent the kids this advent calendar filled with candy. Every year, we have 'refilled' it and included a little verse with many of the days. Today's verse: For the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost. -Luke 19;10
The kids love turning over the boxes to countdown the days until Jesus' birthday!!

And I have no idea when this tradition started, but I think it was early in mine and Tim's marriage. The m&m tree stays filled with those yummy red and green candies during the month of December. It is actually funny that when someone tips it upside down to get some, the noise of the m&m's hitting the glass causes kids to run from whatever room they are in yelling, "I wants SOME!!!!"


May your Christmas be filled with God's love and remembrance of a little baby born in a manger a long time ago!

Sunday Snapshot

2 comments:

Merrill said...

Great pictures! My grandmother always sent us an Advent calendar every year and now my mom sends them to her grandchildren. I like the M&M tradition! The chocolate wouldn't last long around here though! :)

Rita and John said...

I love hearing of other families' Christmas traditions! Hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!