Ok so as much as I read that home visits are very routine and that the social workers are not "judging" us, I was still apparently very nervous. Tim and I were a little late for the meeting in Muskegon because Tim was at the hospital getting blood drawn for the chicken pox/shingles vaccine and he had to wait over an hour to get it done. So, I was a little freaked that we were going to be 'marked down' for tardiness. (Sounds like high school!)We met with her and everything seemed great, but I could tell I was talking a lot. When she stepped out for a minutes to grab her computer, I asked Tim if I was talking too much and he said a resounding "yes!" Ok so I had diarrhea of the mouth. So then I was worried about that! Overall it went well and we only need to do 2 more visits-the last one to be at our house. We meet with her again next Monday in Muskegon again. She showed us a pic of a waiting child-a little girl about 1 yr old with minor leg problems and maybe a mild CP (Cerebral Palsy). We said that yes, it is something we are open to, but would have to know a lot more about her before we would jump in with a resounding yes! My thought is though that we are not yet 'paper ready' for China yet. She very well could get adopted while we are still working on all the paperwork. So, we are just taking it slow and cautious and not letting ourselves get impatient. We are very much ok with a 2 yr wait, so we are not jumping into anything yet!
We did enjoy a nice dinner after at Olive Garden~yummo!
1 comment:
Congratulations on your decision to adopt. The paperchase actually was a favorite time for Kevin and I, probably cause we were actually in control of the whole situation. :)
Have a good time, and good luck.
Violet
(aka Piper from chinaadoption.com)
Post a Comment