Thursday, June 19, 2008

The week in review

First of all - nothing from immigration yet...still waiting!

Monday we took the plunge and bought a van that we test drove on Saturday. We really liked this van and it was the right price. It is a 2006 Ford Freestar-5 doors (which I love!) I am excited because since I have started driving it, I have used much less gas...However, since I am having to drive 25 minutes out of my way each morning to get to school (Victory) since so many roads are still closed from last weeks floods, I am using more gas than I would otherwise. And they haven't even started working on some roads such as Stiles yet! Here is a quote on the storm damage costs from today's LDN"
"Mason County suffered an estimated $4.8 million in damages to public infrastructure, clean-up costs, and other property and services due to flooding from the June 12-13 storm that dumped upwards of 11 inches of rain on portions of the county."

Here are a couple of pics from this week: Poppies, Tim, and the kids after our father's day picnic on Sunday. Jay was still celebrating Junior's Nascar win.

The new van!! We will need all the room we can get when we become a family of 5!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess!
Thank you for the pictures--I love being kept up to date on your family, and on my brother. :> You are in my prayers. Aunt Linda