
This is a post that I have thought about making for a while, but something has held me back. Today I heard it again, "Why China". What I want to say is "Why not China?" But that is probably not the complete answer many are looking for. If I said that God led us there (which is it in a nutshell) would that solve the big question? So, here it is...God laid adoption on my heart many years ago. It could have been that I grew up with many kids who were adopted, or my love of all children, I am not sure. But when Tim and I thought we were done having children at two, we both came to the realization that our family just was not complete yet. At that point, yes Tim and I could have looked into possible ways for us to have a biological child, but a perfect quote from the movie, (which I have NOT seen yet) Matian Child, "...how do you argue against loving one that's already here?"
God laid adoption on our hearts to add another child to our family. We are walking into this process with open eyes and open hearts. As so many of our friends have told us, "God knows who our child is and He will have him or her ready for us at just the right time." So, I say, "Why Not China?" It is a country that is full of culture and heritage that we are going to proudly welcome into our family. No, we are not condoning some of the political turmoil that has become so well know lately, however, there are things that happen in the US that we are none to proud of either.
As for the topic of "Why China and not the US" I am choosing not to go there in this post. If you want me to tell you our personal reasons, feel free to ask. However, remember...I am a "paper" pregnant momma, so my hormones may be a little crazy at times!!!
2 comments:
See, I knew I loved you guys for another reason. Not everyone gets why we feel pulled in that direction. I believe God works in each of a different way, no 2 people are the same. Plus, the Martian Child quote is soooo true. How can you argue against loving a child that is already here? :-) (I'm still so thrilled that you and Tim "get it" when it comes to this all this adoption stuff!!)
~hugs~
Melissa
Thanks Melissa! After we talked tonight, I heard it again via my mom from another family member-Why China and not the US. I have also heard through another family member, "They are going to regret it". i was just tired of people who have not been through this guessing how we are going to feel or what we should do. If they have the answers then they should do it and as you have said "Tell us how it worked out".
Jess
Post a Comment