Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday our sweet boy!

It is so hard to put in to words the emotions I have felt today. First happy and excited that last night (China is 13 hrs ahead of us) our son turned 3 years old! Secondly, so very sad that he doesn't have his family to celebrate with him. I have sent so many prayers up today that God just wraps his arms around him giving him a sense that we are coming for him and that we love him. I wonder today if his biological mom and dad thought about him ? I am sure somewhere in China a womans heart is breaking for the baby boy she could not see turn 3 today. I am so gratful for the gift she is giving to us.
Not many people can relate to my feeling today, but many of you can. Today I was telling a co-worker about what a special day it was and I welled up with tears...about 45 minutes later my dear friend (and adoptive mom also) Melissa came in with some chocolate for me and a card saying that next year we will celebrate Gabe's birthday with him at China Buffet! Just what I needed today-soon he will be home here with us!
I know you all are dying to see his face, but I can't post it until that LOA comes. Right now I would just love our PA to come to tide me over for a bit. Come on A's...

Here is Gabe's first birthday present from our friends Wayne, Melissa, Julia, Anna, & Cam! I will definately be taking this first present to china for him!



Ok, so daddy thought I was a little "out there" making everyone sing and video taping this, but someday I want Gabe to know that we were thinking of him on this day even if we couldn't be there. The kids loved it! (Be sure to pause the music at the bottom)

3 comments:

Kristi said...

I can so well relate to your feelings ~ our son turned 2 just weeks before we arrived...
And wondering about his birthmother and father sometimes almost breaks my heart. How I have gained joy from their sorrow.
Just so you know, I totally wish I had videoed us singing to Caleb's picture on his birthday! You'll be so glad you did!

Melissa said...

Hey, you tell Tim you're not out there! There are lots of us who celebrated out kiddos birthdays without them! :-) I know I've said it before, but Wayne and I are so excited to get to share this with you guys.

(Oh and my word verification word is teaze! LOL!)

Melissa, Ryan, Everest and Kingston said...

You had me all teary eyed!!! Hoping the A's come quickly for you!!

-Melissa L.