
I just finished reading the book "The Waiting Child" by Cindy Champnella. I really enjoyed reading this book for the 2nd time. It is such a story of love. It is a great story especially for anyone who has adopted or is in the process of adopting. It is the true story of a little girl "Jaclyn" who is adopted at 4 yrs old. At 4 (after spending her life from age 2 in a Chinese orphanage) she had seen so many aspects of life that most of us do not know exist until we are adults. In the orphanage Jaclyn was in charge of younger children and one child in particular became her "baby". This is the story of Jaclyn and her adoptive family's journey to bring her "baby" home. At 4 Jaclyn had the "faith of a mustard seed" and a heart of true love. I plan to share many parts of this book with Tim as it is a true story and it does give a good picture of some behaivors and attachment issues that you can see with adopting an older child. But, it does also show how a family and love can move mountains!
3 comments:
Thank you for the reminder that I really need to read this book! Shortly before we received Kylie's referral (while we were going out of our minds with the wait) we attended a China adoption conference sponsored by GWCA and heard Cindy Champnella speak. By the time she finished there was not a dry eye in the conference room (men included) and I mentally added that book to my "must read list." I've been reading a good bit lately and need to go to the library to get that one!
I absolutely loved this book! I was in tears over and over. Wonderful.
Thanks for your comments, and yes, we were there with you in the 800A backup: 104 days. At least... ummm... hard to think of something other than at least our stats will help those right after us know what to expect.
Stay warm!
Trena
Post a Comment