Saturday, March 29, 2008

Lost Daughters



My friend Melissa lent me The Lost Daughters of China. I am about half way through it and it is a compelling book. The author shares her story of adoption as well as the history behind why China has so many orphaned baby girls-not to mention the ones truly lost to abortion. It is heartbreaking. I find myself more than ever praying for our daughter to be and her family (single mother? Father and mother?) who will have to make the heartbreaking decision to leave her. It is something that I can never truly understand and pray that God's hand will be felt in that area of the world - even among all the turmoil is facing right now.
In the book the author also shares how they received a referral picture of their daughter however her father became ill and didn't get a chance to meet her new child. I cried thinking of Bunka and how much I miss him. I know he will see our new little girl from heaven and be so happy.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Jess,
I stumbled upon your blog from a friends blog comment, and enjoyed reading it! We are also adopting from China, a waiting child who is 4 years old. Here's happy thoughts for a smooth process!! We also have a blog if you would like to check it out. Hoping to travel this fall. Dana