Today was a tough day. I will admit that I had a hard time functioning today. I know many of you totally understand and there will be some of you who think I am crazy!
I really am happy for my friends! It really is what has kept me going! Seeing them book their flights and get their consolate appts! They will hold their babies soon-it is amazing!
But, today I sulked. I ate breakfast, then ate 3 brownies smothered in peanut butter (btw that is really good!), then laid on the couch, napped and read my book. Now in there I did take Jay to school, pick him up and fed the kids...so I didn't completely zonk out for the day...but I wanted to.
However, I finally let God speak (I had been sitting with my fingers in my ears saying "I can't hear you!" all day) and I listened and realized that I am not the one in control here and his timing is and has been perfect! So, I got up, walked off a little of my brownie bindge, and went with Tim and the kids to my nephews' birthday.
Soon we will have our Gabe Xulu and all this agony will be a memory. We will get to you soon baby! I promise!
4 comments:
Peanut butter on brownies IS really good. Sometimes I melt a little and drizzle it on the mix before baking and it bakes in and is devine!
Still praying for your family. And it is ok to sulk and question and have a little pity party. While we haven't been through as long of a TA wait, we have been through the other waits and they stink. Sending good thoughts to you!
Been there. Glad you have made peace with the wait. It won't be much longer, and then you will forget this horrible wait. I'm serious, I forget what it felt like to always be so frustrated and sad and angry w/ the timing. One day, you will be constant smiles!
Tim and Jess,
You are sooooo in my prayers these days. May God give you his peace and presence today in the midst of this unbearable wait. I love you. Aunt Linda
Your time is coming! Hold on just a little longer and you'll forget about all of this madness. I completely understand how you feel and the brownies sound great by the way!
Post a Comment