Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Freezing blueberries and cookies!

The best way I have found to freeze blueberries is to spread them out on a large cookie sheet (I have some old ones that I use, the moisture of the freezer will rust new ones I have found) and freeze them individually before adding them to quart or gallon freezer bags. Some people say not to wash them before you freeze them, but I do and drain them well before I freeze them.



Yesterday afternoon I made some blueberry drop cookies and this morning there was 1 left! I think Tim even had some for breakfast!
To see this recipe click here (I think I shared this link in another post
):

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Blueberry-Drop-Cookies/Detail.aspx

I have found that some people do not love the taste of almond extract, but I loooove it! So, to tone that taste down for Tim, I added 1/2 tsp of vanilla and only added 1/2 tsp of almond. They were great as usual!!


No comments: