I am stressed out. I am so ready to get back to the regular schedule of school, but at the same time I am not. I have this constant feeling that there is so much to do and don't feel like I am making progress.
I am also having working mommy guilt. I know that I am so blessed to have the summer off with my kids, but as I look at heading back to school, I am trying to cram in all the fun time I can with the kids.
Today we had a contractor start replacing our front door as we thought we had some dry rot going on under the door...I have decided that I do not like the words, "worst case senerio" and "termites"! So, we not only have to pay the contractor to re-construct our front door way (new doors cost a ton too), but we also have to pay someone to come out and spray for bugs-yucko! Then, I took my van to the tire place as my tire was leaking and yup...you guessed it...the tire was shot. I walked out of there with 2 new tires.
And tonight I went to my bible and God reminded me: 1 Thessalonians 5:18 give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
Even though I will not find a money tree growing in my backyard tomorrow...I will always have my Lord in my heart and home, carrying us when we need it. We can count on him to see us through the big and little things that life throws our way!
3 of my blessings from God! Thank you God for giving me 3 of your sweet children to call my own!
3 comments:
I know how you feel. I too am looking forward to the routine, but sad about leaving Ty in Daycare again. I feel like the summer has been so positive and has allowed for so much progress. Hang in there, and hopefully tomorrow is better.
My "baby" is starting kindergarten this year and I am so completely torn. I am excited for her to begin this new adventure and sad for me, that our time together is over. I had the pleasure of being her preschool teacher and now she's moving on....without....me. It's so easy for the stress of everyday life to get in the way of the best laid plans...just remember...just because you aren't with them in person doesn't mean you all aren't together in your hearts.
Good luck, and chin up!
Oh how I understand the budget woes! I pray that you will find all your unexpected expenses funded in unusual ways that will remind you how much God cares about the little things!
Post a Comment