Gabe's first photo with his mommy and daddy!
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Nightmare!
Ok, so, this has not yet happened to me. Sure, there were times while waiting for Gabe, I would swear I could see him in China in my sleep, but that was different. He is home now. So, all should be well...except this very strange dream. The dream: I was sitting at a table with a friend (not sure which one) and some lady. The lady was asking me lots of questions about Gabe. She then asked me his birth date. AND I COULDN'T REMEMBER IT! I was trying to go back on my hands, trying to figure out how many months ago he did this or that...but no could not remember it!??? I ended up telling her it was around April of some year. I excused myself from the table and walked a little ways away, still trying to remember. Why couldn't I remember the birth of my son...Then it hit me...so I walked back to the table and told her that it was Feb. 18th, 2006! And I also told her that I couldn't remember it because I wasn't there. I was not there for his birth. Wow-for some reason this hit me so hard. I woke up and it was not one that I can forget. The next night I began telling Gabie his story, "There once was the sweetest little boy, who lived in China", ... "Then one day his mommy and daddy got on a big airplane to China to bring him home"..."They hugged and kissed him" ... and of course I have to add, "And lived happily ever after!"

Gabe's first photo with his mommy and daddy!
Gabe's first photo with his mommy and daddy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Bless your heart. I could almost feel your panic as I read about your dream. The important thing is that he has you now...
That would be an intense dream. Birthdays of our adopted children are hard on us--at least me. We weren't there at their birth, and I wish there was a way to let their China moms know that their children are safe and in good families. It's a tough one for sure.!
I think as our kids get older, our connections we've made are going to be so important as we tell our children their stories. I know I need all the help I can get.
Post a Comment