In exactly one week we will be on our way!! Today was a very busy day as I had to work all day (7:30am to 6pm). It was draining. On a wonderful note, I was able to get Gabe into a specialist for a few days after we arrive home! Praise God! For those of you who are wondering, "Why does he need a specialist?" I will explain a little. Our Gabe is precious and perfect and has congenital glaucoma. Glaucoma is:
primary congenital glaucoma is present at birth. It is usually diagnosed at birth or shortly thereafter, and most cases are diagnosed during the first year of life. However, sometimes, its symptoms are not recognized until later in infancy or into early childhood.
Primary congenital glaucoma is characterized by the improper development of the eye's drainage channels (called trabecular meshwork). Because of this, the channels that normally drain the fluid (called aqueous humor) from inside the eye do not function properly. More fluid is continually being produced but cannot be drained because of the improperly functioning drainage channels. This leads to high pressure inside the eye, called intraocular pressure (IOP).
It sounds scary, but I have all the faith that there will be a lot that we can do to help Gabe see the world as well as possible until he is a very old man. God has been looking out for him and he was very lucky to have recieved surgery at 8 months old to relieve the pressure in his eyes. So, after getting the run-around from one specialist who could not see him until January, we were able to find another one even closer to home that can see him days after we return home! I was so happy I was ready to cry!!
However, my excitement was short lived as Tim hurt his back earlier in the day, worked with the pain and then ended up at the doctor in so much pain I had to go get him and drive him home! He is sleeping now, but in a lot of pain!! They think he may have slipped a disc, but they are very concerned about his back in general! So.my prayer warriors, please be in prayer that great healing takes place in his back in a weeks time. I just can't even think about his back not getting better. God has carried us this far, I am getting on a plane for my Xulu in 1 week!!
4 comments:
Hi! I just read your email on the China Adoption Eyesight yahoo group and had to come take a look at your blog. :) Love your God story...He is always so good to us isn't He?! Your little guy is so precious! I'm excited for you!
Blessings,
Jenn
Praying!
Wonderful news on the specialist!
Hi Jess, WOW!! One week, does it even seem real? Will be thinking of your husband and wishing him to get well soon!! Everything will work out just fine.
Hi! I just read your blog, and got your blog address from Becky's blog. She designed mine and I have been following Jada's journey home.
I wanted to tell you that right before we left for China my husband had the exact thing happen to his back. I was so worried...on top of everything else. But God completely healed his back! I had prayed that God would just let him get to China and back with me, but he healed it completely! Even the doctor was amazed! He didn't even need pain meds in China. I am praying the same will be true for you!
Congratulations on your little man!
Post a Comment