Sunday, September 20, 2009
What Fun!
Although the yearning to go home is getting bigger every day, this little guy is bringing us some great joy! We are still working though some rough spots, he is getting better and better. We went to the playroom alone yesterday afternoon and there was an American woman there who spoke fluent mandarin. She chatted with Gabe and he told her many things. He is not too keen on us calling him Gabe, but he told her that his grandma's can call him that! LOL And his brother and sister can call him "Didi" which means little brother.
Last night we went to dinner at an Italian Restaurant and our group got the whole upstairs to ourselves (not a very busy place). The kids were so good and the food was pretty good too. Gabe ate mostly bread dipped in marinara and a little pizza. He was so good the whole time. Then we came back and played in the play room with mei mei (Jada) and they both had a blast. It takes Jada a while to open up, but soon she was running away from this big ball and laughing away! When we came back up to the room he was so much fun. Laughing and playing with us on the bed! It was a good night!
I hope this video works!
We go in a few minutes to get his TB test read. He doesn't have any mark where they gave him the shot, so we are sure he is clear.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Will definately keep that family in my prayers that they are indeed on that plane with their little girl. The video is amazing. Brought tears to my eyes. Many prayers for your last few days in China and can't wait to have you back home. I know a very eager Grandma ready to call him Gabe :)
Love, Julie
That is for sure! Dang it, I cannot get the video at school today but will keep trying. I will pray for Jada and her parents. I am glad that things are going well with Gabe. Even though it is a long time away from home and Jordan and Jay, I can see the benefit of bonding with mom and dad with out all the distractions of work, other kids, company, etc. I'll see you Thursday night even if it is only for a short time. Love, Janice
Post a Comment