Jet Lag has hit me HARD! I am so tired, yet am up in the middle of th night. Gabe is not sleeping well either unless he is in our bed, so tonight we are moving his bed into our room and see if that helps. Last night was probably the worst-I took 2 tylenol pm's and slept for a couple of hours and then was up. What do I do when I am awake from 3-6am? I worry, fret, and cry. For some reason I have been very anxious and worried about everything. I know that it is just the lack of sleep, but I am also having sciatic nerve issues in one leg and that is no helping matters. We have been so blessed to have church family bringing us meals! What a relief not to have to cook dinner in the shape I am in!
Tomorrow is school for the kids, so that will be new for me. We all have to get up to take the kids in as Tim and I have to leave right away to take Gabe to TC for an optimologist appt.
We got outside a bit today. Tim played ball with the kids in the back yard for a while and then I took them to the waterfront park and to walmart. Gabe was such a good boy! He rode in his car seat without a single issue. We will see about the long ride tomorrow (1.5 hrs). I haven't taken too many pics since we have been home-just too tired. As soon as I am back to normal I will get a few on. Friends and family took some at the airport when we got home and I will post those as soon as I get them.
3 comments:
You are NOT alone - how you feel is exactly how I am feeling. I can't sleep STILL, I want normalcy but not sure what that will be, and I just want to walk!! :) So I hear you and I'm praying for you what I'm praying for us - Peace and Mercy! Love you girl!
Seriously, don't beat yourself up about the jetlag. Just take your time. And that's what Ewen did, too. Seemed to be immediately adjusted the first week back, then the second week had sleeping issues. But by the 3rd & 4th week back, he was all normal, and we were, too. So, hang in there, and just try your best to force yourself to normalcy. Try getting up and keeping busy in those morning hours when you can't sleep. I found great relief in the fact that at least I could get a lot done even if I felt completely exhausted by 4pm!
I can sooo remember feeling utterly helpless those first two weeks (sorry to be the bearer of bad news about how long it lasted)
We did start off by sleeping in her room and we slowly moved out but kept her there. Maybe a mattess of the floor? Ours is still is there for bedtime stories and comfortable floor play for us.
Gotta get some sleep if it means swapping off monitoring duties and someone sleeping on the sofa.
So happy to hear your church family is taking care of meals- it helps so much.
I journaled some in those wee hours... about our trip and about what I was feeling at the time.
Sometime in week three we had the "sit in the hall and cry it out" while she cried herself to sleep.
I know it's not in the attachment books, but our sanity won out, and we were better in three nights.
sometime around week three or four, we could put her in her crib for nap or night-night with a few toys, and she played until she fell asleep.
You can do this.
His needing you is a sign of attachment.
You have a great community of support.
Hugs from Atlanta!
Trena
(LL has been home for five months!)
Post a Comment