Oh yesterday was not a very good day. It started out ok. I was worried that Gabe would not eat breakfast again, but he loved the fruit and I was able to eat. We then went out touring-it was raining and not fun. Our guide kept asking if we wanted to take pictures and everyone was worried about offending her or her thinking that we were not interested in our Children's birthplace, so many times we got out in the rain! We all just wanted to go back to the hotel!
After we got back Tim got us some quick lunch and we gave Gabe some noodles and put him down for his nap. About an hour later I started to feel really bad. That was it-I was sooooooooooo beyond sick. In fact I do not remember ever being so sick! Tim took care of Gabe (it was a miracle he let Tim) and our guide took him to a drug store to see if he could fine pepto or something-no, just unrecognizable Chinese herbs. We made it until bed time, Tim gave Gabe his bath, chatted with the kids and put Gabe to bed. My night was rough, but around midnight I was able to sleep, so I started to feel better. But Tim got it in the middle of the night, so we now think it is what Gabe had We have to leave the hotel by 1pm and I am still not feeling very well, but Tim is bad. I am going to shower here soon and take Gabe down to breakfast, he doesn't seem to want any of the snacks we brought or the ones the nannies sent for him. He is not a very big eater and I am not sure how I am going to get him any lunch today??
Keep praying-we need many!
Jess
Will post some pics after we get to Guanzhou and when I am feeling better!
16 comments:
Hope you are all feeling better very soon. You will all be in my prayers!!!
Love,
Julie
Sooo sorry you are sick. Well, glad you're on the mend and baby is better. It's a short flight to GZ, but the airport there once you arrive, you ahve to ride a bus to the terminal. Just thought you'd want to know in case he's still not feeling well. Hopefully his will be as short lived as yours has been, and he'll be up for travel this afternoon.
I'll be thinking of you all.
"See" you in beautiful Guangzhou!
Trena
So sorry to hear you are both sick. Prayers are coming your way for a speedy recovery!! There is a clinic in the White Swan hotel (if that is where you are staying) should you need it. Just double check what they prescribe for you. I went when we were there, mostly to get a decongestant and cough suppressant. I was given Tylenol Cold and an antibiotic. My husband researched the Rx and found it was used to treat Hepatitis. Needless to say, I just took the Tylenol product and it helped a lot. We are so blessed in the U.S. to have such easy access to so many medical resources! Lord, please heal this precious family quick!
Julie in GA
Praying for you guys!
Oh, I'm so sorry! Hope you are all better soon, very soon!
Sending prayers your way so you can all be enjoying your new beautiful son.
Oh my goodness -- bless you guys!!!! I'm so sorry that you're sick! We are praying for you and your adorable son!!! :)
BTW, we met 2 of our children in that same room, and it was wonderful to see pics again. :)
Mary (OneBlessedFamily on RQ)
Tim and Jess, I am so sorry that that illness is taking some of the joy out of this trip. I will continue to pray for good health for all. Love, Janice
I hope everyone is feeling better. We are thinking of you in NY. You will feel better in Guangzhou, especially if you are staying on Shamian Island. It is beautiful there!!!
Kathie in NY
So sorry to hear you are all not feeling 100%. I hope you all are feeling better soon so that you can enjoy! Ryan and I have really enjoyed reading about your trip. Makes us realize that our time is coming. Rest up, feel better and have a good time for your last few days.
So sorry to hear you are all so sick. I do hope that it passes quickly and you can enjoy the rest of your time together in China. Congratulations! Your son is precious.
Sheri (Leilah Di and Olivia Xia's Mommy...and Mom to many more!)
http://journeytooliviagrace.blogspot.com
Oh dear!
Praying that you are all feeling better soon and can finish your trip with health and strength.
I got sick in China too, the night we were leaving for the US. Luckily I had Pepto and Immodium so I was able to make it home with out too much trouble...but I never felt so bad before! Hang in there.
Tim and Jess,
I have been sooo enjoying reading about your time with getting your little guy -- I am very glad that he is all yours now, but I am soooo sorry that you have been sick--that is especially miserable when you are traveling, and you all are much in my prayers.
Love, Aunt Linda
I'm soooo sorry, what bad luck! Prayers and hugs your way that this will be SHORT and get out of your family very soon!!!
Myra
(mdelu from RQ)
Oh, and Gabe is beautiful..we too were just in Nanjing last month to meet your 2.5 yo son...so your blog has brought back alot of not so distant memories..
So sorry your all not feeling
good! I will pray that your
feeling better in a flash!!
Gabe is a beautiful boy!
Hugs,
Sindy
Post a Comment