Friday, September 11, 2009
Blog worthy moments
Well, I got about 5 hrs tonight, was up from 3-4:30, then fell back to sleep until 6am when we got a wake up call that we didn't ask for?! Oh well. I am heading for the showers. I wanted to tell you all that on the first afternoon here, our guide Joy (who is really great) took us to a grocery store. I didn't realize-not to mention I was practically sleep walking, that bikes have their own lane here...and they don't stop, slow down, or care if you walk in front of them! Joy saved me from a near collision, so now everyone watches me when crossing the street! LOL Then, yesterday afternoon we had to meet up with our facilitator again just so that Tom and Vicky could get some paperwork from her (I had a couple more questions) and we sat down in the lobby on some couches to chat. Sitting next to us were 2 men and what do they have in a little plastic container??? 2 of the biggest scorpions EVER! Oh man was my skin crawling! Needless to say, I sat for a bit, asked my questions and fled the scene-leaving Tom and Vicky to look at those creepy things! Joy thinks they were raising them? All I have to say is that they better keep them in their little container and far from me-or you will hear me screaming all the way in the US!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
One thought about the scorpions ~ UGH!
Post a Comment