
This is our last post from China-the birth place of my sweet boy. But, I have to say that I am so happy to be on our way home in the am. Please pray for us as we will be traveling over 24 hrs from start to finish. It is going to be a long day for the kids in our group.
Today was a little harder with our Gabe. We had more temper tantrums, which is hard on all of us. Last night however, he was a happy bubbly boy. I know this is hard on him. His whole life has been turned upside down and now he has parents who don't always give him what he wants!
We had our Visa appt. today at the US consulate. No cameras were allowed and we were surprised at how hidden the consulate was. No billowing American flag out front, in fact to signage at all. We made an oath that all his visa information was correct and that was it! Gabe will now be a US citizen when we touch down in Chicago!! Yay!!
I have to say, this was a loooong two weeks and a tough trip. But, I look at his little face and it is worth it!
See you in the USA!!
Jess
3 comments:
That smile is so worth all you have been through to get him home!!! Many hugs and prayers for safe travels.
Love,
Julie
I can't get over how much your trip and experience paralleled ours in so many ways. There are more similarities than differences! While the two weeks is great, home is even better. I hope you have plenty of support around you. If I lived nearby, I'd be stocking your fridge (hint to anyone who lives near Jessica and Tim!). The first day home is still adrenaline. After that, you will be so mixed up and exhausted from the travel and time change, you shouldn't need to worry about food. Take care, and when you're feeling up to it, email me! You are in my prayers, as always.
Jolene
Will be thinking about you these next 24 hours on what is the longest day of the whole trip.
Rest every chance you get when you get home and accept all the help that it offered.
Hope you catch some naps on the plane, too.
Thanks for letting us follow along!
Trena
Post a Comment