Friday, September 11, 2009

A quiet day



Today was a fairly quiet day. We all were up and around very early today, although we all kept dosing-trying to sleep in. I was up quite a bit last night as I was worried about seeing the kids on Skype and I couldn't get it (or internet for that matter) working. Around 4am Tim and I ventured to the front desk and got internet hooked up to our room. Communication is so hard, half the time I do not know what they are saying even if they understood me-LOL The front desk lady told us that we would have internet in about 10 minutes-of course I could not understand her (I am a smile and wave person), so I get to room and am going to start right in and Tim had to tell me that she had said 10 minutes. Good thing he was listening closely! Tom and vicky needed some help getting their laptop up and running so the guys did that and then we went to breakfast. I was pretty good. Of course you can get some western food (omlets and pancakes that they make right in front of you, toast, sausage, fruit) or Chinese food. None of us felt like Chinese food this am. We met with our facilitator at 10am and got a lot of information. We found out that Gabe's province will not do business on Monday, so we will not get him until Tuesday :-( We were so bummed! Now our Monday is free, but Tuesday will be packed. For lunch none of us were all that hungry, but we thought we should eat a little something since we would be out from 4 until 7, so we hit the authentic Chinese Mickey D's! LOL I at least had chicken nuggets with sweet and sour sauce :-)
We then took a little nap before going to the acrobatic show-which was a bad idea-I so could have slept all night! I have yet to sleep longer than a hour or two at a stretch and am beat. The acrobatic show was very cool-even Tim thought it was neat. Some parts were scary as some of those performers are high up and spinning on big gerbil wheels. Driving there in rush hour traffic was also a terrifying experience. I think my heart almost stopped a few times for all the close calls and the tour buses that were close enough to touch!
We are now getting ready for dinner-we are all so tired trying to adjust to the time and since it was dark and we wanted cheap, we all decided that Pizza Hut was our dinner adventure. Ok I know-in China and eating McD's and pizza hut, but truly it is all my stomach can handle at the moment. I think we all just have nervous tummies from the flight and being here. It will get better and we are doing a great Chinese restaurant tomorrow early afternoon. We also tour the Great Wall tomorrow. Jordan and Jay-Love and miss you!! XOXOXOX
Well, goodnight from China! I will send some pictures with this email and send some in a post of their own of our day!

1. is the view of our hotel
2. The money board in Chinese at the Bank of China
3. Our hotel in Beijing

Comments: Janice said...

I am so sorry that you won't get Gabe until Tuesday. But that is one day closer to coming home to all of us who love you!
September 11, 2009 10:42 PM

Kristi said...

Sorry to hear about the delay in meeting Gabe! I know that one more day feels like a lifetime, but pamper yourself the best you can for those last 24 hours.
And after you stomachs get adjusted, try some of that Chinese food for breakfast. We had some of the best Chinese food I've ever eaten at our hotel in Wuhan for breakfast. I can still almost taste those dumplings!

No comments: